4/9/11

The Shawshank Redemption review & quotes

Okay wait, this is so rare, i never reviewed a film before, but 'The Shawshank Redemption' really tickle my nerve. I was helping mum ironed laundry while watched this film. There are so many good things said on the conversation across the actors. 
About a banker(Tim Robbins) who is accused of double murder in the 1940s and begins a life sentence at the fictional Shawshank prison, where he's befriended by an older inmate named Red(Morgan Freeman). During his long stretch in prison, Dufresne comes to be admired by the other inmates for his upstanding moral code and his quietly indomitable spirit. [via Wikiquote]
This film show the meaning of life with such a humble way. I cant stop said, 'omg' and 'cool' because it tells the ups and downs, hopes, fears, anything!!! Enough said, i'm not really good on writing, i'll list some mind blowing quotes from this film.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."
"Some things are better left unsaid."
" I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful it can't be expressed in words, and it makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you those voices soared, higher and farther than anybody in a grey place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made these walls dissolve away"
"Because to tell You the truth, I don't give a shit."
" I can't believe how fast things move on the outside. The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry."
"I don't like it here. I'm tired of being afraid all the time. I've decided not to stay."
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living or get busy dying."
"Terrible thing, to live in fear. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time."

Andy: That there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's... there's somethin' inside that they can't get to; that they can't touch. It's yours.
Red: What are you talkin' about?
Andy: Hope.
Red: Hope? Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use on the inside. You'd better get used to that idea.
Andy: It floats around. It's got to land on somebody. It was my turn, that's all. I was in the path of the tornado. I just didn't expect the storm would last as long as it has.
Andy: You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? 
Red: No. 
AndyThey say it has no memory. That's where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory.

1 comment:

  1. I HAILOVE (hail and love) this movie! a very clever movie with a remarkable actor

    ReplyDelete

comments